For two days, national representatives of the Ministries of Transport, Environment, Health, representatives of the European Cycling Federation (the ECF), the World Health Organization (WHO) from 24 countries in working groups analyzed and adjusted the composition of the recommendations and measures on the substantive items prepared version Pan-European Master plan:
1) The national government policy of cycling and the main task of the state
- Providing regions publicly available scientific data and expert
- Providing legal and regulatory support
- The strategy of promoting and stimulating
- Educational programs at all levels
- Infrastructure elements
2) bicycle infrastructure needs
- The share of expenditure in the total expenditure on transport, landscaping, environment.
- A shift in focus on the different stages of development
3) National Development Plan cycling
- Key objectives and indicators of the development of regional and national cycling
- Transnational projects
- Sources of financing
- Determination of the effectiveness of investments
5) The tax system
- Tax Incentive System
6) Inventory, coordination and standardization.
- The degree of national and European unification
- Data collection
7) Designing and planning processes of the development of cycling
8) Development of indicators and benchmarking
9) Health and Safety
10) Innovation and research
Key findings and recommendations
It is necessary to establish a national expert scientific and methodological center for the development of cycling ( "Cycling Academy"), is able to formulate an elaborate strategy to become a driver of cycling information, coordinate and provide expert advice.
The need for transparent and clear system of financial support of cycling at the national level with a clear indication of the expected economic and social effects.
The creation of large regional and national cycling projects that can greatly stimulate economic development of the regions.
Necessary a national support of research and development of new forms of local transport, meeting the energy efficiency requirements, environmental friendliness, compactness.